A Better World, A Meaningful Life - A Transformative Online Course

In September, October, and November, the Institute for Humane Education, will be offering its 4-week online course, A Better World, A Meaningful Life. For my blog post today I wanted to share just some of what participants have written about this inspiring and life-changing course.

People often wonder how an online course, without in-person contact with fellow participants and the instructor, can be so very meaningful and transformative. The combination of daily exercises and activities (about 30-60 minutes/day for 5 days each week), and an online forum to discuss the experiences with fellow participants around the globe at your leisure simply works.

Here’s what a few participants have said:

“This class has been life changing. It has given me more to think about than what I can probably digest in a year. Hopefully it will be a lifetime pursuit. I have promised myself that I will continue to research, consider and challenge myself to be more MOGO every day. This class has prompted me to get off my complacent derrière and be more active. I have also been convinced that if I add amazing, important things to my life (volunteerism, activism...) it will not add to my feeling overwhelmed, but it will actually bring centeredness and vitality.” ~ Deb Kingston

“THANK YOU!! I am a happier, more balanced, and more fulfilled person than a month ago, and I feel that this is just the beginning!”
~ Estela Diaz Carmona

“I have learned so much from everyone in this course! I have learned that sharing knowledge is so powerful and when you share with others instead of keeping your knowledge to yourself you have no idea what impact you may have on others. I am grateful to have been a part of a community of sharing and respect through this course.” ~Jen Baille

"It has changed the way I think, definitely. I feel kinder, a deeper humanity towards everyone. I'm more aware of issues and what I can do to benefit people, animals and the environment, in the everyday choices I make. It has had a massive effect on me. Fantastic. The exercises, the organisation of the course, online support/course advisers were all excellent. I would wholeheartedly recommend it.” ~ Lee Anne Chapman

“Thank you all for a wonderful experience…..how fortunate we all are to have a lively, learned, compassionate discussion with open hearts and minds. It is too rare. It fills me up! Thank you for all you’ve taught me!”
~ Courtney Lowery


Learn more and register for an upcoming session.


Zoe Weil, President, Institute for Humane Education
Author of Most Good, Least Harm, Above All, Be Kind, and The Power and Promise of Humane Education
My TEDx talk: “The World Becomes What You Teach"

Like our blog? Please share it with others, comment, and/or subscribe to the RSS feed.
You have read this article activism / animal protection / better world / changemakers / environmental protection / human rights / Most Good Least Harm / online courses / personal growth / Social Justice / solutionaries / values with the title A Better World, A Meaningful Life - A Transformative Online Course. You can bookmark this page URL http://actuosa-participatio.blogspot.com/2011/08/a-better-world-meaningful-life.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A Better World, A Meaningful Life - A Transformative Online Course"

Post a Comment