Rubbing Elbows with Solutionaries: Green Festival San Francisco

I’ve just returned from California where I had the opportunity to speak at the University of California at Berkeley (a MOGO talk) and on the main stage at the San Francisco Green Festival (a humane education talk). In my absence the ice melted (finally) from our pond, and the crocuses bloomed. Much can happen in just a few days.

While the pond was thawing and the crocuses were blooming, I was talking to scores of people interested in creating a better world. There were so many ideas from so many solutionaries, and I’ve come home with a stack of cards from people I want to work with and learn from. I even got to interview a few of them for Treehugger (and you can watch some of these interviews on Treehugger.com starting here). In the next several blog posts I’m going to talk about these different people and groups and share their ideas, so that together we can expand our reach and efforts.

I’m grateful for the opportunities I had this past weekend, and I'm also grateful to be back in Maine. My first flight home was delayed so I missed my connection in Detroit and had to spend the night at a Detroit hotel. While at first I was frustrated and negative, I realized just how lucky I was to have a bed to sleep in and food to eat, even if I got home a day late. Lessons like that are important, especially after a weekend in the city walking by dozens of people huddled under blankets on the streets; especially when the crises we’re trying to avert claim the lives of millions; especially when I’ve been privileged to do work that helps, surrounded by amazing changemakers.

Stay tuned for more,

Zoe Weil, President, Institute for Humane Education
Author of Most Good, Least Harm
My TEDx talk: "The World Becomes What You Teach"

Image courtesy of Green Festival.

Like our blog? Please share it with others, comment, and/or subscribe to our RSS feed.
You have read this article better world / change the world / citizen activism / festivals / green / Green Festival / humane education / Most Good Least Harm / solutionaries / zoe weil with the title Rubbing Elbows with Solutionaries: Green Festival San Francisco. You can bookmark this page URL http://actuosa-participatio.blogspot.com/2011/04/rubbing-elbows-with-solutionaries-green.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Rubbing Elbows with Solutionaries: Green Festival San Francisco"

Post a Comment