MOGO Gift-Giving #3

While this idea is one that not everyone appreciates, you may find that there are those among your list of gift recipients who would be very grateful for the following: A gift in their name supporting one of their favorite charities.

For the past thirteen years any time anyone asks me what I might like as a gift, I always say a donation to the Institute for Humane Education (IHE), the organization I co-founded in 1996. (I don’t take a salary at IHE, so I’m not asking people to fund me!) This is the best gift I can ever receive because it furthers my greatest dreams and hopes for a better world.

There are likely people in your life who care deeply about certain causes and who want to see change happen. By giving a gift in their name to a cause or organization they support you are honoring them in one of the deepest ways possible.

Such gifts may seem impersonal and don’t provide something to open and keep, but a card that shares why you gave to the charity you did in their name may be the most meaningful gift that person receives all season.

Stay tuned for more tips,

~ Zoe Weil
Author of Most Good, Least Harm, Above All, Be Kind, and Claude and Medea


Image courtesy of quaziephoto via Creative Commons.



Like our blog? Please share it with others, comment, and/or subscribe to our RSS feed.
You have read this article better world / causes / charitable giving / donations / gifts / holidays / MOGO choices with the title MOGO Gift-Giving #3. You can bookmark this page URL http://actuosa-participatio.blogspot.com/2009/12/mogo-gift-giving-3.html. Thanks!

No comment for "MOGO Gift-Giving #3"

Post a Comment